Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Torsten Schlabach <ts...@apache.org> on 2005/04/14 16:46:21 UTC

Contract between sitemaps and Java layer

Hi all,

some time ago we have had some discussions about

- plugins / modules
- the need for stable contracts between components (among different Java
components as well as between the Java layer and the sitemaps or between
different sitemap components

I went back and updated myself on Forrest Plugins, did some experiments
with regards to a CForms editor plugin (see Sandbox) as well as a BXE 2.0
plugin (not yet in the Sandbox) and worked with J. Wolfgang who has put a
lot of energy into his proposal for an enhanced object model in the Java
layer. He had done this work in preparation to looking into repository
integration. (Seems like a lot of people take a look at this currently.)

When we asked ourselves where that object model and the plugin stuff would
meet and fit into Lenya, we found that another way to look at Lenya might
be:

| HTTP Request   |     |            |     |       |     | Data Store       |
| (from Browser) | --> | Sitemap(s) | --> | Lenya | --> | (Content, CMS    |
|                |     |            |     |       |     | stuff, XSLTs,... |

Taking this as foundation, please review and comment on

http://wiki.apache.org/lenya/Sitemap2JavaApiContractProposal

Regards,
Torsten