Posted to pylucene-dev@lucene.apache.org by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com> on 2009/03/26 00:21:05 UTC

svn checkout very slow...

I've been building iterations of my UpLib installer all day.  As part of
this, I build every dependency from source and install it.  Usually, the
longest part of this is building an open-source PDF renderer.  However,
today the longest part by far is building PyLucene, and in particular
the part where it does a Subversion checkout of the Lucene sources.  Very
slow today.

Is there any way to include a pre-wrapped version of these sources?
Shouldn't just a jar file do OK?  Can I generate such a version somehow?

What I'm building is PyLucene-2.4.0-1-src-jcc.tar.gz.

Bill

Re: svn checkout very slow...

Posted by Bill Janssen <ja...@parc.com>.
Andi Vajda <va...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Bill Janssen wrote:
>
> > I've been building iterations of my UpLib installer all day.  As part of
> > this, I build every dependency from source and install it.  Usually, the
> > longest part of this is building an open-source PDF renderer.  However,
> > today the longest part by far is building PyLucene, and in particular
> > the part where it does a Subversion checkout of the Lucene sources.  Very
> > slow today.
> >
> > Is there any way to include a pre-wrapped version of these sources?
> > Shouldn't just a jar file do OK?  Can I generate such a version somehow?
> >
> > What I'm building is PyLucene-2.4.0-1-src-jcc.tar.gz.
>
> You can do:
>
>   $ make sources
>   $ tar -cvjf lucene-java-2.4.1.tar.bz2 lucene-java-2.4.1
>
> Then, before you do your regular PyLucene build:
>
>   $ tar -xvjf lucene-java-2.4.1.tar.bz2
>
> That way, the Lucene sources are found and the 'svn export' step
> doesn't need to be run.
>
> Andi..

OK, I'll try that.  Thanks.

Bill