Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Martens, Jason" <jm...@cityofevanston.org> on 2004/07/15 16:50:24 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL Proxy Session ID Reuse

Hey all,
   We have a third party providing us with a web application, and we
proxy to their application servers to maintain consistency on our site.
Recently, we started getting the following errors in the ssl error log:
[Mon Jul 12 10:12:36 2004] [error] (20014)Error string not specified
yet: proxy: request failed to 10.10.10.10:443 (some.host.net)

The third party claims that we are re-using the ssl session ID's, and
that is messing up their load balancer, and that if we stop re-using the
ssl session id's, it will fix the problem.

I've looked everywhere I can think, and I can't find how to do what they
are requesting.  Any ideas or pointers for further research would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jason Martens