Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gabriele Bulfon <gb...@sonicle.com> on 2006/02/01 15:46:18 UTC

VFS Smb Tunnel

Hello,
I wrote a wrapper to VFS that pre-parses my URIs to recognize the ones starting with:
tunnel://user:pass@sshserver/local-port:remote-machine:remote-port/VFSURI-on-local-machine-and-local-port
This way, I can initialize the ssh tunnel and run the VFS uri into the tunnel.
Currently, I'm testing it with smb, but I ran into trouble.
Because the machine running the tunnel has the default SMB port (139) already busy, I run the tunnel with local-port 8139 and remote-port 139.
Then I use the VFS URI like: smb://user:pass@127.0.0.1:8139/share
...VFS complains about user/password not correct....
After many tests, I freed the SMB port on the machine running the tunnel, and run the tunnel with local-port 139 and remote-port 139.
This time I can use default port on VFS URI like :
smb://user:pass@127.0.0.1/share
 or even
smb://user:pass@127.0.0.1:139/share
and they both works.
The VFS documentations states that for CIFS Uri's, the syntax should let me specify a custom destination port, but this does not seem to be the case.
To me, it appears that the Smb Provider is always defaulting to port 139...
Am I right?
Thanks for any help.
Gabriele.
Gabriele Bulfon - Sonicle S.r.l.
Tel +39 028246016 Int. 30 - Fax +39 028243880
Via Felice Cavallotti 16 - 20089, Rozzano - Milano - ITALY
http://www.sonicle.com

Re: VFS Smb Tunnel

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
> The VFS documentations states that for CIFS Uri's, the syntax should
> let me specify a custom destination port, but this does not seem to be
> the case.
> To me, it appears that the Smb Provider is always defaulting to port
> 139...
> Am I right?
Yes. This is a bug.
I fixed it now in SVN head, though, I do not have the test environment
at work so I am not able to check if I made it right. Will do it tonight.
In the meantime you can check it too.

Ciao,
Mario