Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Noah <ad...@enabled.com> on 2006/01/11 19:05:29 UTC

[users@httpd] apache and multiple SSL certificates

Hi there,

I am running apache+mod_ssl-1.3.34+2.8.25_1 and not quite clear on something.
 I am hosting many virtual domains on my server and would like to come up with
a SSL certificate scheme that removes an error of mismatched hostnames.  I am
trying to find information on the web of how to do that and just cant find it.
 I am wondering can it be done?

cheers,

Noah

Re: [users@httpd] apache and multiple SSL certificates

Posted by Arun G Nair <ar...@gmail.com>.
Are you trying to do name based virtual hosting with SSL ? As you may have
read from the docs, its not possible. You can go for wildcard certs if the
domain is same. Else you'll need separate certs for each SSL VirtualHost on
different IP's AFAIK.

- Arun

On 1/11/06, Noah <ad...@enabled.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am running apache+mod_ssl-1.3.34+2.8.25_1 and not quite clear on
> something.
> I am hosting many virtual domains on my server and would like to come up
> with
> a SSL certificate scheme that removes an error of mismatched hostnames.  I
> am
> trying to find information on the web of how to do that and just cant find
> it.
> I am wondering can it be done?
>
> cheers,
>
> Noah