Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/18 19:57:16 UTC

Operation-level intents on binding.jms

I've been looking into TUSCANY-2849 "Operation-level intents on
binding.jms", and I have a few questions that possibly the group can answer.

The Jira states that the Tuscany web service binding implements to read
and write these intents, but being new to intents, I would like to be
sure I'm on the right track. First of all, is it true that the spec is
contained in SCA_Policy_Framework_V100.pdf, section 1.4.5 and the schema
in the appendix?

Secondly, I would like to see some example. For instance, in
PoliciedCalculator.composite in binding-wss-xml, I see the following
operation intent:
    <binding.ws uri="http://localhost:8085/Calculator"
wsdlElement="http://sample/calculator#wsdl.service(CalculatorService)">
       <operation name="add" requires="IntentOne IntentTwo"/>
    </binding.ws>
I assume, the operation intent on the JMS binding would be similar. Is
this true? If anyone could point be to other examples that would make
useful test case, I would appreciate it.

I see Tuscany already had processors (e.g. ConfiguredOperationProcessor)
to read the intents, so binding.jms would make use of these processors.

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2849
--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: Operation-level intents on binding.jms

Posted by Yang Lei <ya...@us.ibm.com>.
Be aware, OASIS is removing the operational level element from SCDL or
fcomponentType. There is new way to attach PolicySet to the operational
level...

Regards,

Yang Lei

             Luciano Resende
             <luckbr1975@gmail
                                       dev@tuscany.apache.org
             02/18/2009 04:32                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Operation-level intents on
             Please respond to         binding.jms
             dev@tuscany.apach
                   e.org

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Luciano Resende wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM, Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Secondly, I would like to see some example. For instance, in
>>> PoliciedCalculator.composite in binding-wss-xml, I see the following
>>> operation intent:
>>>  <binding.ws uri="http://localhost:8085/Calculator"
>>> wsdlElement="http://sample/calculator#wsdl.service(CalculatorService)">
>>>     <operation name="add" requires="IntentOne IntentTwo"/>
>>>  </binding.ws>
>>> I assume, the operation intent on the JMS binding would be similar. Is
>>> this
>>> true? If anyone could point be to other examples that would make useful
>>> test
>>> case, I would appreciate it.
>>>
>>> I see Tuscany already had processors (e.g.
ConfiguredOperationProcessor)
>>> read the intents, so binding.jms would make use of these processors.
>>>

>> Should the JMS Binding processor delegate to the extension point, and
>> then the operations element would be handled by compositeProcessor /
>> Policy processor ? If you run
>> org.apache.tuscany.sca.assembly.xml.ReadAllTestCase and make a
>> breakpoint in compositeProcessor line 423 you should see how this is
>> delegation is happening.
>>
>>> [1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-2849
>
> Hi Luciano,
>
> Thanks for your comments. That helps me with understanding my third
question
> about how the policy and intents are read. I see that the
CompositeProcessor
> calls the JMSBindingProcessor which then tries to read the intent. Cool,
> understand this part now.
>
> Which brings me to the part that I am implementing. I'm getting some
> unexpected element errors in the JMSBindingProcess, and I'm trying to
> understand what a valid operation-level intent looks like.
>
> Would this be a legal JMS binding with a configured operation-level
intent?
>   <binding.jms uri=\"jms:testQueue\" >"
>      <operationProperties name=\"op1\">"
>      </operationProperties >"
>      <operation name=\"op1\" requires=\"IntentOne IntentTwo\"/>"
>   </binding.jms>"

Looks ok to me. Note that you also need to provide a definitions.xml
with policySets providing IntentOne and IntentTwo.
If you have more details on the error, I could try helping, I'm
working on some policy code so have couple stuff fresh in my mind :)

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany, Apache PhotArk

Re: Operation-level intents on binding.jms

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.