Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Sebastian Hoehn <se...@palando.de> on 2002/09/21 12:32:35 UTC

security.xreg overwritten?

Hi,

I need to remove the customize icons from the portlets, so I read the
list again
and again.

I guess I need to change the permissions in security.xreg to have this
done? I
give only permission view to the user. But when I make the changes and
restart
jetspeed the file is overwritten by the servlet and my changes are
lost. What's
my mistake?

Thanks Sebastian

Re: security.xreg overwritten?

Posted by Marian Skalsky <ms...@euromove.sk>.
Hi Sebastian!

I experience the same behaviour. I use jakarta-tomcat-4.1.3 with
jetspeed-1.4b1 and use *manager* to restart the application when I edit
something (e.g. .xreg files).

May be you know these TOMCAT commands, but maybe not:
restart: http://localhost:8080/manager/reload?path=/XXX
stop: http://localhost:8080/manager/stop?path=/XXX
start: http://localhost:8080/manager/start?path=/XXX

XXX is a name of your app.
.. and what is important, when you shut down the JetSpeed (stop) it rewrites
.xreg files (question why may answered by somebody else).

So when you wanna edit .xreg files:
1) STOP the JetSpeed (with manager)
2) edit files
3) START the JetSpeed (with manager)
.. when you wanna RELOAD the app. it overwrites your .xreg files.

May be this is not the *answer*, but it works. Hope helped.

$kala.

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Posted by Chay Weei Jye <wj...@pd.jaring.my>.
Hi, I am not sure if this helps, but why not try to stop your server before
making changes to any xreg.

At 12:32 PM 9/21/2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I need to remove the customize icons from the portlets, so I read the list
>again
>and again.
>
>I guess I need to change the permissions in security.xreg to have this done? I
>give only permission view to the user. But when I make the changes and restart
>jetspeed the file is overwritten by the servlet and my changes are lost.
>What's
>my mistake?
>
>Thanks Sebastian
>
>--