Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by cs user <ac...@gmail.com> on 2016/09/30 09:58:55 UTC

Apache Ambari 2.4.1.0 - agent recursive chmod on /

Hi All,

After attempting to upgrade a number of times now from 2.2.1.0 to 2.4.1.0
on Centos 7, it appears one of the issues is down to the change in the
Ambari agent startup script.

I compared the contents of the script here:

/usr/sbin/ambari-agent

With the latest version in the github ambari repo. It appears that the
changes which are shown below have not yet been included in the 2.4.1.0
version:

https://github.com/apache/ambari/commit/468764ea289092f95d013a84496605
a3a8fc10dc

For example this line is missing in 2.4.1.0:

set -u # fail on unset variables

This results in the script continuing to execute even though some variables
are unset. Even when I make all the modifications to my version of the
script (which stops it from doing the recursive mod on startup), the
AMBARI_PID_DIR is not set, due to this part of the script not returning
anything:

export AMBARI_PID_DIR=`get_agent_property piddir`

This only works once you hard code the AMBARI_PID_DIR to the correct
location.

This recursive mod results in my ssh private keys being modified to an
insecure permission level and then ssh refuses to allow me to login after
the agent has been upgraded and restarted.

It also appears to make changes to hadoop which results in the namenodes
failing to start due to a permission error.

2.4.1.0 appears to broken on Centos 7, has anyone else encountered a
similar issue?

Cheers!