Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Garner, Shawn" <sh...@pearson.com> on 2006/01/12 21:36:34 UTC

[shale] starting server errors

I found one reason it wasn't working.

I had to go back to this version of web-app.

<!DOCTYPE web-app

    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.3.dtd">

After that though I'm getting some errors upon startup:

01/12 14:29:28 error Error loading class for Filter shale: Filter is
disabled.

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No Factories configured for this
Application - typically this is because a context listener is not setup in
your web.xml.

A typical config looks like this;

<listener>

<listener-class>org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener</lis
tener-class>

</listener>

I put this in my web.xml and am still getting the error though

Also getting this:

01/12 14:29:29 error Deployer Service failed to deploy
file:/D:/dev/totw07shale/changeform/

      * javax/servlet/jsp/el/ELException

      * null

[1]java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/el/ELException

      at
org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.feedStandardConfig(FacesConfigur
ator.java:138)

Shawn

If you were not an intended recipient,

Re: [shale] starting server errors

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 1/12/06, Garner, Shawn <sh...@pearson.com> wrote:
> I found one reason it wasn't working.
> I had to go back to this version of web-app.
> <!DOCTYPE web-app
>     PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.3//EN"
>     "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2.3.dtd">
>
> After that though I'm getting some errors upon startup:
> Also getting this:
> 01/12 14:29:29 error Deployer Service failed to deploy
> file:/D:/dev/totw07shale/changeform/
>       * javax/servlet/jsp/el/ELException
>       * null
> [1]java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/el/ELException

When you dropped back to Servlet 2.3, did you also switch to JSTL 1.0?

There is some information on running Shale on a Servlet 2.3 platform here:
   http://struts.apache.org/struts-shale/index.html#Foundations

--
Wendy