Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Harish <ha...@poboxes.com> on 2003/05/01 23:57:11 UTC

log4j error

Hi,

I have a servlet (MyServlet) along with the Axis Servlet in the same webapp,
under Tomcat.
MyServlet has the <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
and the AxisServlet has <load-on-startup>10</load-on-startup>.
MyServlet calls org.apache.log4j.xml.DOMConfigurator.configure(elementList) ,
(where the log4j settings are in an xml file) in the init().
It prints out the error message
"log4j:ERROR No output stream or file set for the appender named [filelogwebservice"

MyServlet on its own works fine in initializing the log4j fwk
, when not using Axis.

#1) How do I solve the error message problem
#2) How can I make Axis send all logging messages to
    the appender that was initialized in MyServlet ?

Inputs appreciated.
Thanks
Harish

Re: log4j error ( solved)

Posted by Harish <ha...@poboxes.com>.
Thought would post it case someone else
has/will have a similiar problem.

Make sure that you dont have mutiple jar files of log4j.jar
from different versions.
- Harish