Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de> on 2005/02/15 16:29:09 UTC

Assertion numbers in renumbered JDO spec chapters

Hi Craig, hi Michelle,

some chapters of the JDO spec are renumbered from 1.0 to 2.0:
   Chapter                JDO 1.0     JDO 2.0
   Extent                    15          19
   JDO Reference Enhancer    20          21
   Interface StateManager    21          22
   JDOPermission             22          23

I noticed from version 2005-01-14 of the JDO 2.0 spec on the assertions
have been renumbered to follow the new chapter numbers, e.g. all the
extent assertion are renumbered from A15.x to A19.x. Is this on purpose?
If yes, we need to adapt the spreadsheet JdoTckAssertionsTable.sxc and
the TCK test classes. We would need to include the old and the new
assertion number into the test classes, because we want to use the
existing test cases for JDO 1.0 and JDO 2.0.

What do you think?

Regards Michael
Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin

Re: Assertion numbers in renumbered JDO spec chapters

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
I'm fine with either approach.  I think you're right about the problem
with the JDO1 spec, so let's change the numbers back in the 2.0 spec.

-- Michelle

Posted by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de>.
Hi Michelle,

Posted by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM>.