Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Derek Poh <dp...@globalsources.com> on 2016/04/01 05:03:24 UTC

make document with more matches rank higher with edismax parser?

Hi

Correct me if I am wrong, my understanding of edismax parser is it use
the max score of the matches in a doc.

How do I make docs with more matches rank higher with edismax?

These 2 docs are from the same query resultand this is their order in
the result.

P_ProductId: 1116393488
P_CatConcatKeyword: Bancos del poder
P_NewShortDescription: Accione el banco, 10,400mAh, 5.0V DC entran
P_VeryShortDescription: Accione el banco

score: 0.83850163

P_ProductId: 1124048475
P_CatConcatKeyword: Bancos del poder
P_NewShortDescription: Banco del poder con el altavoz
P_VeryShortDescription: Banco del poder

score: 0.83850163

q=Bancos del poder
qf=P_CatConcatKeyword^3.0 P_NewShortDescription^2.0
P_NewVeryShortDescription^1.0

>From the debug info, both docs max score match is from
P_CatConcatKeyword field. Debug info of both docsattached.
Comparing the field matches between both, the 2nd doc has more fields
with matches. How can I make 2nd doc ranked higher based on this?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please inform the sender immediately and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) from your computer, and you must not use, disclose to anyone else or copy this e-mail (including any attachments), whether in whole or in part.

This e-mail and any reply to it may be monitored for security, legal, regulatory compliance and/or other appropriate reasons.

Re: make document with more matches rank higher with edismax parser?

Posted by Derek Poh <dp...@globalsources.com>.
Will try the "tie" parameterand see if it satisfy business user
requirements. Thank you.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.