Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Matthew Booth <ma...@arsdigita.com> on 2001/05/23 15:32:37 UTC

Patch to RPCRouter.java

I actually mailed this straight to Sanjiva. Not sure if I was supposed to do
that. If not, sorry!

This is a really small patch to RPCRouter.java which allows you to declare a
method with signature: methodName(Parameter params[]) which will be passed an
array containing Parameter objects to be passed to it. This is matched after
the regular matching and methodName(SOAPContext, ...) so it doesn't affect
existing code.

The idea is to allow you to implement a handler which doesn't have to know what
arguments it's going to get. Specifically, I'm wrapping up a bunch of PL/SQL
functions in SOAP and I want to be allow a client to not send parameters which
are default in the PL/SQL. It also occurs to me that if you don't want to
constrain the order of arguments passed in this could be useful.

Silly question now we're on rc releases: any chance this could make 2.2? This
would make my life much easier. Try telling a client they have to download the
source, patch it and compile it themselves...

I have attached the patch. If that doesn't work for people, let me know. Using
crappy web mail client because of client's oppressive firewall...

RE: Patch to RPCRouter.java

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Matthew,

This feels to me like something that should be implemented by a Provider. That would also be a way you could deliver it to your clients without them having to apply a patch and re-compile things. They would just need to make your CustomParameterProvider available on their classpath, and configure the deployment descriptors to specify the type of the provider.

Thanks,
-Matt