Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ralph Crongeyer <rc...@oceaneering.com> on 2004/03/26 20:09:02 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with virtualhost's with Apache2.0......

Hi Joshua,

I got the "_default_:80" from webmin.

I actually tried it with this:

NameVirtualHost *:80

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
ServerName www.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/domain2
ServerName www.domain2.com
</VirtualHost>

first, but it didn't work either. I just changed my config back to the
wildcard setup (*) and it still doesn't work?
This (the setup above) is the way I have been doing it for two years on
an older Apache 1.x and have no problems. I thought maby something was
different in apache 2.0 but according to there site, the directives are
the same for "VirtualHosts".

Anything else I might be missing?

Ralph

>>> joshua@slive.ca 3/26/2004 1:42:41 PM >>>

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, Ralph Crongeyer wrote:
> For some reasion Apache isn't answering to my second domain (Virtual
> Host)?
>
> I have a DNS entry, and when I ping the second domainname, it is
> pointnig to the right IP address, so that's working. when I try to
use a
> browser to go to www.domain2.com it just puts me into the
> www.domain1.com site?
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> My config file is attached.

[Please post in plain-text-only, and please post only relevant excepts
from httpd.conf, like this:]

NameVirtualHost My.IP.Address:80

<VirtualHost _default_:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/html
ServerName www.domain1.com
</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost _default_:80>
DocumentRoot /var/www/domain2
ServerName www.domain2.com
</VirtualHost>

I don't know where you got that from.  Please follow the instructions
here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/name-based.html#using
(Use *:80 in place of your ip address and _default_).

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Problems with virtualhost's with Apache2.0......

Posted by Andrew Thomas Blake <an...@azulmx.com>.
Hi Ralph

Line 170 of your config file seems to include another file. Are we sure the
problem couldn't be here?

Andrew Blake