Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Alireza Samadian <as...@google.com> on 2019/07/10 21:54:20 UTC

New Design Doc for Cost Based Optimization

Dear Members of Beam Community,

Previously I had shared a document discussing row count estimation for the
source tables in a query.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vi1PBBu5IqSy-qZl1Gk-49CcANOpbNs1UAud6LnOaiY/edit

I wrote another document that discusses the Cost Model and Join Reordering,
and I am probably going to polish and merge the previous one as a section
of this document. The following is the link to the new document.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DM_bcfFbIoc_vEoqQxhC7AvHBUDVCAwToC8TYGukkII/edit?usp=sharing
I will appreciate your comments and suggestions.

Best,
Alireza Samadian

Re: New Design Doc for Cost Based Optimization

Posted by Ismaël Mejía <ie...@gmail.com>.
Can you please add this to the design documents webpage.
https://beam.apache.org/contribute/design-documents/

Posted by Rui Wang <ru...@google.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.