Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lukas Bradley <lu...@somnia.com> on 2004/11/17 21:12:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: Building Apache 2 with SSL on Fedora Core 2 - openssl

>>Apache just need the executable (which is there) or the whole directory
>>(which I can't find)?
> It'll be the headers it needs to compile, and the lib (.so) it needs to
> link.  If you got openssl from a package, you may need another package
> called something like openssl-dev.  Welcome to package-hell!

So if I understand correctly, the Apache build only needs the openssl
code/headers during compile time, not during runtime.

If that is the case, couldn't I download/build openssl in a separate
location, and use it for building Apache 2?  Or will Apache 2 require
that version of the openssl binary at runtime as well?

Thanks for your help.