Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/27 15:33:10 UTC

Re: Deploying Accumulo with Slider View Ambari 1.7 Question

Moving this to the Slider dev list.  I am not seeing the cause of the error
in the AM log.  The Accumulo master process keeps failing to start, so
there may be a configuration problem.  Would you be able to track down logs
for one of the failed Accumulo master containers to see what they say?

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
Tatiana,

Attachments cannot be sent to Apache mailing lists; they are stripped
automatically.  As a moderator, Jon was able to see your attachment and let
me know you are getting an error from the CustomAuthenticator.  Did you
initialize passwords for your Accumulo app instance before installing
through the Ambari view?  The steps below should be executed at the command
line (with variables that look like <user> replaced with appropriate values
for your cluster).  We realize this manual step is inconvenient, and will
work to make it better in the next version.

/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/bin/hadoop credential create
root.initial.password -provider
jceks://hdfs/user/<user>/accumulo-<accumulo_cluster_name>.jceks -v <root
password>
/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/bin/hadoop credential create instance.secret
-provider jceks://hdfs/user/<user>/accumulo-<accumulo_cluster_name>.jceks
-v <instance secret>
/usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/bin/hadoop credential create
trace.token.property.password -provider
jceks://hdfs/user/<user>/accumulo-<accumulo_cluster_name>.jceks -v <root
password again>

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.