Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by St�phane Lauri�re <al...@cybercable.fr> on 2000/11/07 23:04:49 UTC

SocketException on Linux JDK1.3 Tomcat3.1

Hello,
I'm using Tomcat successfully as standalone jsp/servlet server on WindowsNT
with no reboot from the server during several weeks.
However I'm facing big problems on Linux Mandrake, JDK1.3 by Sun, Tomcat3.1
running as standalone
server: I sometimes get a SocketException that makes the server shut down
whereas there are a maximum of two concurrent connections to the server. The
main pb is Tomcat not only misses the connection, it also crashes
completely.
I have pasted the stack trace below. Has any of you already faced such a pb?
Thanks,
Stéphane

java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:413)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:243)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:222)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(SimpleTcpEndpoint.j
ava:267)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.SimpleTcpEndpoint.acceptConnections(SimpleTcpEndpo
int.java:248)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpListenerThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:319)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
Endpoint ServerSocket[addr=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0,port=0,localport=8080] shutdown
due to exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer