Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by vipul modi <vi...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 16:33:48 UTC

newbie to derby

Hi

I am new to derby and would like to work on client server layer of derby db.
Can anyone suggest a initial starting point so that , it can get started
with derby development.

Thanks
Vipul Modi
MSc.(Tech) Information System
BITS-Pilani Goa Campus

Re: newbie to derby

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Hi Vipul,

Information on the Derby tests can be found on the following pages:

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyTesting
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/README.htm?view=co

The regression tests are divided into two big chunks:

o Old style tests which run under a Derby-specific harness. You run
these tests like this:

java -org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite derbyall

o Newer and converted tests which run under the JUnit framework. We are
in the process of converting the old tests to JUnit. You run the JUnit
tests like this:

java -XX:MaxPermSize=128M -Xmx512m junit.textui.TestRunner
org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.suites.All

Hope this helps,
-Rick

Re: newbie to derby

Posted by vipul modi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: newbie to derby

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Hi Vipul,

Re: newbie to derby

Posted by vipul modi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: newbie to derby

Posted by Kathey Marsden <km...@sbcglobal.net>.

Re: newbie to derby

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
On 3/1/11 7:33 AM, vipul modi wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am new to derby and would like to work on client server layer of
> derby db.
> Can anyone suggest a initial starting point so that , it can get
> started with derby development.
>
> Thanks
> Vipul Modi
> MSc.(Tech) Information System
> BITS-Pilani Goa Campus
Hi Vipul,

One place to start would be to start fixing some of the discrepancies
between the client and embedded drivers. Look for open JIRA issues which
have the "Embedded/Client difference" box checked. DERBY-584 might be an
easy one to start with.

Regards,
-Rick

Re: newbie to derby

Posted by vipul modi <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Sorry please read as "I can get started with derby development"