Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Yasir Shah <ys...@logicalapps.com> on 2005/03/02 01:33:26 UTC

Microsoft Sql Server defaultIdMethod

Dear All,

I'm trying to create sql server scripts based off of the xml.  I had a question about the defaultIdMethod attribute within the database tag.  Currently I've noted the following values for this attribute:

+ idbroker:  Instructs Torque to use its IDBroker service to generate IDs in a database agnostic manner. This is the method that will be used in this tutorial.
+ native: Instructs Torque to use the underlying database's mechanism to generate IDs (varies per database).
none: Instructs Torque to not generate IDs. This can be useful in some situations (an example is described below).
+ autoincrement: This method has been deprecated. Use the native method instead.
+ sequence: This method has been deprecated. Use the native method instead.

If I set it to native or autoincrement, I'm not sure what exactly is created by turbine when it creates the scripts.  Are identity columns created at all, or what is created for SQL Server scripts when the native value is chosen for the defaultIdMethod attribute.

Kindest Regards,
Yasir