Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com> on 2006/03/09 18:55:04 UTC

The annual MyFaces JavaOne party/dinner

Hi All,

Its getting close to JavaOne and it is time to add the MyFaces JavaOne
Party to your calendar.

As we did last year, there is no set date this early on, but we need to
know now how many are interested in coming to a MyFaces night out during
JavaOne (May 16th - 19th, 2006). With this information we can plan and
book the right venue for the party/dinner.

Last year ~20 MyFaces fans met at the Thirst Bear for a dinner and a
"few" beers
(http://myfaces.apache.org/community/javaone2005_cometogether.html),
and, of course, lot of interesting discussions about JSF and web
frameworks in general.

This year we hope that more fans will come and join us for a night out.
Please let us know if you are interested in joining up at the MyFaces
party as soon as possible. Note: JavaOne is a month early compared to
last year and that is why you see this invite now :)

Last year Oracle sponsored the evening, and they sure will this year :),
but we would love to see more sponsors contribute to ensure that this
will be a very memorable happening.

Thanks,
Jonas
--
*Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
<http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>

Re: The annual MyFaces JavaOne party/dinner

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.
Unfortunately the Oracle Movie is scheduled at the same time as our BOFs :(

Wednesday at 7:10 pm (Mission Impossible III)

BOFs

The Ins and Outs of the MyFaces "ADF Faces" Open Source Project
<javascript:newWnd('session_details.jsp?isid=278177&ilocation_id=124-1&ilanguage=english');>
Jonas and John

Essentials on Performant JavaServer^(TM) Faces Apps: Client Versus
Server Side
<javascript:newWnd('session_details.jsp?isid=277774&ilocation_id=124-1&ilanguage=english');>
Martin, Manfred, and Dennis

Evolution of a Web Application Architecture
<javascript:newWnd('session_details.jsp?isid=278311&ilocation_id=124-1&ilanguage=english');>
Kito

Cheers,
Jonas

Kito D. Mann wrote:
> You can count me in :-). It was fun last time...
>
> So, where's the Oracle IMAX movie? :-)

> Kito D. Mann (kmann@virtua.com)
> Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
> http://www.virtua.com <http://www.virtua.com/> - JSF/J2EE consulting,
> training, and mentoring
> http://www.JSFCentral.com <http://www.jsfcentral.com/> - JavaServer
> Faces FAQ, news, and info

*Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.

Kito D. Mann wrote:
> You can count me in :-). It was fun last time...
>
> So, where's the Oracle IMAX movie? :-)

> Kito D. Mann (kmann@virtua.com)
> Author, JavaServer Faces in Action
> http://www.virtua.com <http://www.virtua.com/> - JSF/J2EE consulting,
> training, and mentoring
> http://www.JSFCentral.com <http://www.jsfcentral.com/> - JavaServer
> Faces FAQ, news, and info

*Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Author: Pro JSF and Ajax:
<http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044> Building Rich Internet
Components

Author: Pro JSF and Ajax:

Author: Pro JSF and Ajax:

Author: Pro JSF and Ajax:

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.

Jonas Jacobi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Its getting close to JavaOne and it is time to add the MyFaces JavaOne
> Party to your calendar.
>
> As we did last year, there is no set date this early on, but we need
> to know now how many are interested in coming to a MyFaces night out
> during JavaOne (May 16th - 19th, 2006). With this information we can
> plan and book the right venue for the party/dinner.
>
> Last year ~20 MyFaces fans met at the Thirst Bear for a dinner and a
> "few" beers
> (http://myfaces.apache.org/community/javaone2005_cometogether.html),
> and, of course, lot of interesting discussions about JSF and web
> frameworks in general.
>
> This year we hope that more fans will come and join us for a night
> out. Please let us know if you are interested in joining up at the
> MyFaces party as soon as possible. Note: JavaOne is a month early
> compared to last year and that is why you see this invite now :)
>
> Last year Oracle sponsored the evening, and they sure will this year
> :), but we would love to see more sponsors contribute to ensure that
> this will be a very memorable happening.
>
> Thanks,
> Jonas
> --
> *Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
> <http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>
> *Blog*: http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi

--
*Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 3/9/06, John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Count me in - it was great fun last year!

I want to be there, but need to know which night to protect as quickly as
possible, so my schedule doesn't get trumped like it did last year :-).

tc,
> -john.

Craig

Posted by Rick Hightower <rh...@arc-mind.com>.
Me too
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless handheld.

 Last year ~20 MyFaces fans met at the Thirst Bear for a dinner and a "few" beers (http://myfaces.apache.org/community/javaone2005_cometogether.html: <http://myfaces.apache.org/community/javaone2005_cometogether.html> ), and, of course, lot of interesting discussions about JSF and web frameworks in general.

 Author: Pro JSF and
Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components: <http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>
 Blog:
http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi: <http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi>

--
http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044: <http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>
Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress

Re: The annual MyFaces JavaOne party/dinner

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 3/9/06, John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Count me in - it was great fun last year!

Add one more...

--
Wendy

Re: The annual MyFaces JavaOne party/dinner

Posted by John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com>.

Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress

RE: The annual MyFaces JavaOne party/dinner

Posted by "Abrams, Howard A" <Ho...@ca.com>.
In addition, I am very proud to announce that CA will be co-sponsoring
the event this year. I'll let Jonas fill everyone in on the details once
he returns.

Of Matthias Wessendorf

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Dennis-

fyi

-Matthias

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <mw...@gmail.com>.
count me in too (if I am there ;-))

On 3/10/06, Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org> wrote:
> I'm actually *going* to JavaOne this year, so keep me posted.  I'd love to
> come.
> Greg
>

> On Mar 9, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Jonas Jacobi wrote:
>  Hi All,
>
>  Its getting close to JavaOne and it is time to add the MyFaces JavaOne
> Party to your calendar.
>
>  As we did last year, there is no set date this early on, but we need to
> know now how many are interested in coming to a MyFaces night out during
> JavaOne (May 16th - 19th, 2006). With this information we can plan and book
> the right venue for the party/dinner.
>
>  Last year ~20 MyFaces fans met at the Thirst Bear for a dinner and a "few"
> beers
> (http://myfaces.apache.org/community/javaone2005_cometogether.html),
> and, of course, lot of interesting discussions about JSF and web frameworks
> in general.
>
>  This year we hope that more fans will come and join us for a night out.
> Please let us know if you are interested in joining up at the MyFaces party
> as soon as possible. Note: JavaOne is a month early compared to last year
> and that is why you see this invite now :)
>
>  Last year Oracle sponsored the evening, and they sure will this year :),
> but we would love to see more sponsors contribute to ensure that this will
> be a very memorable happening.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Jonas
>
> --
>  Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
>  Blog: http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi

--
Matthias Wessendorf
Zülpicher Wall 12, 239
50674 Köln
http://www.wessendorf.net

Posted by Greg Reddin <gr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@Sun.COM>.
Jonas Jacobi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Its getting close to JavaOne and it is time to add the MyFaces JavaOne
> Party to your calendar.
>
> As we did last year, there is no set date this early on, but we need
> to know now how many are interested in coming to a MyFaces night out
> during JavaOne (May 16th - 19th, 2006). With this information we can
> plan and book the right venue for the party/dinner.
>
> Last year ~20 MyFaces fans met at the Thirst Bear for a dinner and a
> "few" beers
> (http://myfaces.apache.org/community/javaone2005_cometogether.html),
> and, of course, lot of interesting discussions about JSF and web
> frameworks in general.
>
> This year we hope that more fans will come and join us for a night
> out. Please let us know if you are interested in joining up at the
> MyFaces party as soon as possible. Note: JavaOne is a month early
> compared to last year and that is why you see this invite now :)

I'd like to attend.  Sorry for the belated response.

-Edwin

Re: The annual MyFaces JavaOne party/dinner

Posted by John Fallows <jo...@gmail.com>.

Author: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components, Apress

Re: The annual MyFaces JavaOne party/dinner

Posted by Jonas Jacobi <jo...@oracle.com>.

Jonas Jacobi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Its getting close to JavaOne and it is time to add the MyFaces JavaOne
> Party to your calendar.
>
> As we did last year, there is no set date this early on, but we need
> to know now how many are interested in coming to a MyFaces night out
> during JavaOne (May 16th - 19th, 2006). With this information we can
> plan and book the right venue for the party/dinner.
>
> Last year ~20 MyFaces fans met at the Thirst Bear for a dinner and a
> "few" beers
> (http://myfaces.apache.org/community/javaone2005_cometogether.html),
> and, of course, lot of interesting discussions about JSF and web
> frameworks in general.
>
> This year we hope that more fans will come and join us for a night
> out. Please let us know if you are interested in joining up at the
> MyFaces party as soon as possible. Note: JavaOne is a month early
> compared to last year and that is why you see this invite now :)
>
> Last year Oracle sponsored the evening, and they sure will this year
> :), but we would love to see more sponsors contribute to ensure that
> this will be a very memorable happening.
>
> Thanks,
> Jonas
> --
> *Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components
> <http://apress.com/book/bookDisplay.html?bID=10044>
> *Blog*: http://www.orablogs.com/jjacobi

--
*Author*: Pro JSF and Ajax: Building Rich Internet Components

Posted by Edwin Goei <Ed...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Omar Tazi <om...@oracle.com>.
I am in of course! Can't wait to meet you all.

-Omar

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Count me in, too.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.