Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Kate Shortt <sh...@icloud.com> on 2017/10/13 22:24:39 UTC

At last

At last I have found you.

Dear open office. I can't open any files in my open office. It's becoming quite serious!
Please help.
When I try to open up, about 100 different choices of applications for it appear. Whenever I click on one the message 'error' appears in a box

I do hope you can help
Thanks
Kate Shortt

Sent from my iPhone

Re: At last

Posted by Johnny Rosenberg <gu...@gmail.com>.

> At last I have found you.

You found us, but  we are not the ones you should be looking for. Your
question is about your operating system, and you didn't even mention which
one you use.
You could also have avoided the problem, I think, by checking a checkbox at
installation time for making Apache OpenOffice your default office
application for certain file types, but it seems like you failed to do that.

Kind regards

Johnny Rosenberg

Re: At last

Posted by zahra a <na...@gmail.com>.
hi.
which operating system do you use?
if you use windows, you can right click, then select open with and use
openoffice for openning your files.
then, make default openoffice if you want to openoffice opens your
files by default.
another solution is that open the installer file of openoffice, then
next and modify.
use custom installation to change your desire settings.
you can define which kind of microsoft files should be opened by
openoffice by default.
you can select between microsoft word, excel and powerpoint.
do the process until finish and activate it.

hope that help, God bless you!

On 10/14/17, Kate Shortt <sh...@icloud.com> wrote:

> At last I have found you.
>
> Dear open office. I can't open any files in my open office. It's becoming
> quite serious!
> Please help.
> When I try to open up, about 100 different choices of applications for it
> appear. Whenever I click on one the message 'error' appears in a box
>
> I do hope you can help
> Thanks
> Kate Shortt
>
> Sent from my iPhone