Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by John Calcote <jo...@gmail.com> on 2022/09/29 15:43:31 UTC

configured endpoint not honored

Hi,

I asked this question last month on the dev list, but no one responded. I'm
hoping someone here will be able to help me out.

When we configure our AWS endpoint with a specific region URL like
*s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com
<http://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com>*, jclouds still attempts to go to
*s3.amazonaws.com
<http://s3.amazonaws.com>*. We have the firewall set up so that traffic can
only go to the region we want to use, so this clearly fails.

What do we have to do to tell jclouds "here's my region, trust me?"

Thanks in advance,
John Calcote

Re: configured endpoint not honored

Posted by John Calcote <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi all - I found a solution for this problem and thought others might find
it useful. I wrote up the issue in this stack overflow issue:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73169813/jclouds-getbucketlocation-timeout-on-getblob/73902608#73902608