Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Mav Peri <ma...@optasports.com> on 2011/06/06 12:22:52 UTC

cookies problem

Hi,

I upgraded to 2.1.9 recently (late last week).

Some users the same day complained that the website they were using was
logging them out. The only thing  I can think of is that the cookie that
maintains info about the user's  session was not handled correctly by
ATS.

Any ideas?

Mav

RE: cookies problem

Posted by Mav Peri <ma...@optasports.com>.
Thanks again.

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

RE: cookies problem

Posted by Mav Peri <ma...@optasports.com>.
Thanks Leif,

Forgot to say my setup is using ats as reverse proxy.

I upgraded to 2.1.9 recently (late last week).

Some users the same day complained that the website they were using was
logging them out. The only thing  I can think of is that the cookie that
maintains info about the user's  session was not handled correctly by
ATS.

Nothing rings any bells, I use ATS in forward proxy mode myself, and I
never have a problem.

I'd check to make sure that the problem sites aren't sending too relaxed
headers, allowing content that shouldn't be cached to actually be
cached. We've seen this before, even Amazon shopping carts are(or were)
cacheable under certain conditions, this is why we changed the default
settings to be more strict:

    CONFIG proxy.config.http.cache.required_headers INT 2

-- Leif

Re: cookies problem

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.