Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ANTHONY ZIOLKOWSKI <az...@rogers.com> on 2006/05/08 14:22:17 UTC

REPOST FOR HELP: Axis client logging from web applet causes security error

This is second post of this message. I guess the first got lost in the excitement about 2.0. However, I desparately need an answer to this.

I have written my first web service. It works fine in all the ways I want except one - running from an applet in a web browser. As far as I can tell from the trace below this is caused by the Axis code accessing the file system to do logging which, of course, isn't allowed cause it's outside the applets sandbox. I did read a post about signing the applet and changing policies for the browser, but other than signing the applet, forcing the user to do anything is out of the question.

So how do I access my axis-developed web service from my applet? Is there any way of disabling the logging so it doesn't play with the localfile system?

Stack trace:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-2" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDKHooks.<clinit>(JDKHooks.java:75)
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:412)
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.tools.DiscoverSingleton.find(DiscoverSingleton.java:378)
 at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory$1.run(LogFactory.java:45)
 at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.getLogFactory(LogFactory.java:41)
 at org.apache.axis.components.logger.LogFactory.<clinit>(LogFactory.java:33)
 at org.apache.axis.handlers.BasicHandler.<clinit>(BasicHandler.java:43)
 at org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:104)
 at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:113)
 at com.zeesol.bizservice.client.BizService_ServiceLocator.<init>(BizService_ServiceLocator.java:12)
 at com.mazuma.applets.BaseRunner$1.actionPerformed(BaseRunner.java:156)
 at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
 at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)
 at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.lang.RuntimePermission createClassLoader)
 at java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
 at java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkCreateClassLoader(Unknown Source)
 at java.lang.ClassLoader.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.PsuedoSystemClassLoader.<init>(PsuedoSystemClassLoader.java:73)
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.findSystemClassLoader(JDK12Hooks.java:215)
 at org.apache.commons.discovery.jdk.JDK12Hooks.<clinit>(JDK12Hooks.java:73)
 ... 35 more

Re: QUESTION: meaning of message - FileProvider - Configuration file read-only so engine configuration changes will not be saved

Posted by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
You could probably set the logging level to Warn for the logging category
org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.  (The message you're
trying to suppress is of level Info.)  You'd probably need to edit the
logging.properties file in the axis jar or alter the logging
configuration programmatically.

Jeff

Posted by ANTHONY ZIOLKOWSKI <az...@rogers.com>.

Posted by Jeff Greif <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ANTHONY ZIOLKOWSKI <az...@rogers.com>.
While running an axis client under in a web browser applet, I get the message - FileProvider - Configuration file read-only so engine configuration changes will not be saved. What does it mean?

Re: REPOST FOR HELP: Axis client logging from web applet causes security error

Posted by ANTHONY ZIOLKOWSKI <az...@rogers.com>.
Nevermind. I found the latest build, used it and it works perfectly.

Posted by ANTHONY ZIOLKOWSKI <az...@rogers.com>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

On 5/8/06, ANTHONY ZIOLKOWSKI <aziolk@rogers.com > wrote:         This is second post of this message. I guess the first got lost in the excitement about 2.0. However, I desparately need an answer to this.

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.