Posted to adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com> on 2006/08/05 02:49:42 UTC

Unsupported component-family/renderer-type

I'm trying to get a very basic page going using:

* current Geronimo 1.1 (Jetty version)
* current MyFaces
* current ADF Faces from Oracle's site (not the Trinidad snapshots)

The page has a couple of text fields and a button; I had a similar page
working in this setup using Tomahawk instead.  After converting the page
to use ADF Faces, adding the ADF Faces JARs (api, impl, and shared), and
updating the web.xml/faces-config.xml, I get an empty page.  Geronimo
tells me:

  3181: 21:20:47,514 WARN [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Panel/oracle.adf.Form
3182: 21:20:47,514 WARN [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Input/oracle.adf.Text
3183: 21:20:47,514 WARN [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Input/oracle.adf.Text
3184: 21:20:47,514 WARN [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Input/oracle.adf.Text
3185: 21:20:47,514 WARN [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Input/oracle.adf.Text
3186: 21:20:47,514 WARN [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.SelectInput/oracle.adf.Date
3187: 21:20:47,514 WARN [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Command/oracle.adf.Button

I haven't been able to find anything about this error via Google or
searching the Oracle forums.  Does anyone have any idea what's wrong and
how I can fix it?

Matthias offered a suggestion on the MyFaces list to re-arrange the
web.xml filters.

It doesn't seem to matter if the adfFaces filter is first, or last, or
in the middle, although with it last or first I seem to be getting a
little more info in the exception stack:

21:45:07,749 WARN  [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Panel/oracle.adf.Form
4-Aug-2006 9:45:07 PM oracle.adf.view.faces.component.UIXComponentBase
_getRendererImpl
WARNING: Could not find renderer for CorePanelForm[UIXFacesBeanImpl,
id=_idJsp0], rendererType = oracle.adf.Form
21:45:07,749 WARN  [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Panel/oracle.adf.Form
4-Aug-2006 9:45:07 PM oracle.adf.view.faces.component.UIXComponentBase
_getRendererImpl
WARNING: Could not find renderer for CorePanelForm[UIXFacesBeanImpl,
id=_idJsp0], rendererType = oracle.adf.Form
21:45:07,764 WARN  [HtmlRenderKitImpl] Unsupported
component-family/renderer-type: oracle.adf.Input/oracle.adf.Text
4-Aug-2006 9:45:07 PM oracle.adf.view.faces.component.UIXComponentBase
_getRendererImpl
etc.

I've attached the appropriate files, as they now stand.  Thanks!

--
Chris Herborth (chrish@pobox.com)
Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist.

Re: Trinidad capabilities document (was Re: Unsupported component-family/renderer-type)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I run the examples with (standalone) jetty
must be geronimo

Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: Trinidad capabilities document (was Re: Unsupported component-family/renderer-type)

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> Adam,
>
> they provided a patch and fixed it.
> You were right :)

Thanks again for the help, guys, now I just need to get them to provide
a more up-to-date build. ;-)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Adam,

they provided a patch and fixed it.
You were right :)

-Matthias

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Great!

I strongly recommend using Facelets instead of JSP

;)

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> I was not able to run your application in tomcat
>
> 1. had to remove the second
[... duplicated web.xml entry ...]
> 2. some tags are named (see [1] and [2] for more)
> -panelForm => panelFormLayout
> -selectInputDate => inputDate
>
> than it worked in Tomcat.

Fixed those and tried again, with the same result, so it's definitely
not my bug.  Which wouldn't have surprised me, I'm a total n00b with
this stuff... it's all magic to me. ;-)

Thanks for checking it, Matthias, I'll update the WAR file attached to
the JIRA entry.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I was not able to run your application in tomcat

1. had to remove the second
   <context-param>
        <param-name>javax.faces.STATE_SAVING_METHOD</param-name>
        <param-value>client</param-value>
    </context-param>

entry

2. some tags are named (see [1] and [2] for more)
 -panelForm => panelFormLayout
 -selectInputDate => inputDate

than it worked in Tomcat.

Maybe you want to try that in Geronimo too?
And you should fix the provided war, so your bug will be closed
as invalid, I guess.

HTH,
Matthias

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_renaming
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_renaming

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.
Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> Blocker :-)
>
> Was that you ?

Yeah, it's blocking me. :-)  I wasn't sure if their severity codes were
in relation to Geronimo itself, or the person trying to use it... I
figured they'd drop it down to something else if I was wrong.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Blocker :-)

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Chris,

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.
Adam Winer wrote:
> Can you give us a longer stack trace?

Sure thing (is there any way to tell how much is "enough", or should I
just post the whole thing when I have a problem?):

7-Aug-2006 10:40:40 AM
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.CapabilitiesProvider getCapabilities
SEVERE: could not get capabilities from capabilities document
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Expected url [jar:file:/C:/Documents
and
Settings/chrish/Desktop/geronimo-1.1/repository/default/devsignup/1154961598406/devsignup-1154961598406.war/WEB-INF/lib/adf-faces-impl-incubator-m1-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/agent/capabilities.xml],
but was [jar:file:/C:/Documents and
Settings/chrish/Desktop/geronimo-1.1/repository/default/devsignup/1154961598406/devsignup-1154961598406.war/WEB-INF/lib/adf-faces-impl-incubator-m1-SNAPSHOT.jar!/META-INF/agent/htmlBasic.xml]
         at
org.apache.geronimo.kernel.classloader.JarFileUrlStreamHandler.openConnection(JarFileUrlStreamHandler.java:63)
         at java.net.URL.openConnection(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.parse.CapabilityDataDocumentParser.parse(CapabilityDataDocumentParser.java:60)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.parse.CapabilitiesDocument._getCapabilities(CapabilitiesDocument.java:315)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.parse.CapabilitiesDocument._getCapabilities(CapabilitiesDocument.java:226)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.parse.CapabilitiesDocument._getCapabilities(CapabilitiesDocument.java:293)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.parse.CapabilitiesDocument._getCapabilities(CapabilitiesDocument.java:212)
[...]
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.CapabilitiesProvider._getCapabilities(CapabilitiesProvider.java:110)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.CapabilitiesProvider.getCapabilities(CapabilitiesProvider.java:91)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.AdfFacesAgentImpl._getCapabilityMap(AdfFacesAgentImpl.java:263)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.AdfFacesAgentImpl._initialize(AdfFacesAgentImpl.java:233)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.agent.AdfFacesAgentImpl.<init>(AdfFacesAgentImpl.java:40)
[...]
org.apache.myfaces.adfinternal.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl.doFilter(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:213)
         at
org.apache.myfaces.adf.webapp.AdfFacesFilter.doFilter(AdfFacesFilter.java:90)
         at
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(WebApplicationHandler.java:821)

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
Can you give us a longer stack trace?

Thanks,

Posted by Chris Herborth <ch...@pobox.com>.