Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/04/11 16:10:15 UTC

Branch-1 releasing paused; HBase community: please help clean up your test code

I have tried to release four 1.5.0 candidates from head of branch-1.

Some veto votes were cast for compatibility issues. This was fine.

Others are for unit test results that do not reproduce locally for me. I do not have the ability or bandwidth to fix tests which do not fail reliably for me. So let me appeal to the community. If you find a repeatable test failure on branch-1 please file a JIRA and fix it.

As things stand now I am pausing any attempts to make more  1.5.0 release candidates until the community steps forward to clean up its code. As an alternative I may start aggressively disabling unit tests which do not fail for me but have been reported in on candidate vote vetoes. Otherwise it is impossible to make forward progress.

Thank you for your attention.

Re: Branch-1 releasing paused; HBase community: please help clean up your test code

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Pardon, that git ref I failed to include below is commit 677ed9ef89 (HEAD
-> branch-1)

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: Branch-1 releasing paused; HBase community: please help clean up your test code

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: Branch-1 releasing paused; HBase community: please help clean up your test code

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.