Posted to regexp-user@jakarta.apache.org by Joey Mouha <Jo...@gencom.be> on 2008/11/17 16:24:25 UTC

Help needed with a regular expression please

Hi everybody,

I'm new to mailing lists, so please forgive me if this is not the
correct way to ask. I've tried to find a group  or forum about regular
expressions, but could not find anything satisfactory.

Anyway, I'd like to know if it is possible to perform a match without
capturing everything with regular expressions.

For instance: I'd like to have a regular expression which matches
"sometext" but which only returns sometext (thus without the quotes).

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Thanks,

Joey

Re: Help needed with a regular expression please

Posted by Amadeo Alonso <am...@caminos.upm.es>.
Hi Joey,

I have forget I belonging this list and I suspect it have rare activity.

There's many time to me without relation with reg-exp, then... be cautious
with  me comments, but:

if you use a programer language as Java, you can use a 'package' especific
to manipulate regular expression.
You can detect any patron as  \"(anything)\"  in any string and so on. (go
to documentation to details)

For example, if you put "regex Java" on Google, you can go directly to
tutorials abouth this theme.

Good luck.
amadeo.