Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mark McBride <ma...@llnl.gov> on 2003/07/31 17:55:09 UTC

Maven Inheritance Use

Has anyone found a good way to share a maven "master" project.xml for maven
inheritance between multiple cvs modules?

I noticed that the maven project itself (with regards to the plugins)
stores all the plugin source in the same module so the "master" project.xml
for all the plug-ins can be easily accessed by the multiple plugins within
the same cvs module. How would this be done if all the plugins were stored
in separate modules?

The only way I have imagined this to work is to have a cvs module that
stores the "master" project.xml file. All the modules that use this master
project.xml file must check out the module (with the master project.xml) to
have access to it.  Does this seem like the correct way to do this?

Is there any pregoal to do some work before the project.xml file checks for
the existance of the xml it extends off of? If the user doesn't check out
the module with the master project.xml file they get the following error:
java.io.FileNotFoundException:
C:\eclipse\workspace\project\..\scm\master-project.xml (The system cannot
find the path specified)

Thank in advance!

-Mark