Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2007/02/07 13:50:47 UTC

Dispatcher and css images

Hi all,

I have a weird problem with image linking in css and forrest site.

When I generate a site using the dispatcher and pelt the
background-image:
url("../themes/images/roundcorner-t-r-15-bgFFFFFF-stroke4A6D8C-fg4A6D8C.png") ; get resolved fine but using common and addnig the exact same url, it will not be generated.

Anybody has seen this problem?

TIA

salu2
--
Thorsten Scherler                       thorsten.at.apache.org
Open Source Java & XML      consulting, training and solutions

Re: Dispatcher and css images

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 16:16 +0100, C. Grobmeier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i used common and have this in my css:
> background-image : url("/images/nav/page_bg.gif");
> This works for me (with forrest run).

Yeah, in run that works fine, but with the cli this image will not be
requested.

You would need to get rid of the "" then the crawler will process this
url and request the underlying image.

salu2

Posted by "C. Grobmeier" <gr...@possessed.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
On Wed, 2007-02-07 at 13:50 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a weird problem with image linking in css and forrest site.
>
> When I generate a site using the dispatcher and pelt the
> background-image:
> url("../themes/images/roundcorner-t-r-15-bgFFFFFF-stroke4A6D8C-fg4A6D8C.png") ; get resolved fine but using common and addnig the exact same url, it will not be generated.
>
> Anybody has seen this problem?

Yes, it has been once on this list. Finding the problem via debugging
the lex transformer:
The lex transformer only got triggered by a certain sequence of
characters.

The sequence MUST BE "url(../path" and CANNOT be "url("../path".

As diff:
-    background-image: url("../themes/images/header_white_line.gif");