Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2000/04/24 19:09:01 UTC

Working on Windows today :-(

I've noticed that there are no instructions for getting Apache on Windows
to build and install.  I may have missed them, but I would have thought
these instructions belong README.BUILD_ALPHA.  I have only been able to
use the 2.0 stuff on Windows because I know what to copy to which
directories, because I couldn't figure out how to install using the GUI,
and the makefiles aren't there anymore.  Can somebody who realy
understands Windows write up something really quick and dirty before
tomorrow's alpha release?

Thanks

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: Working on Windows today :-(

Posted by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
There is also good information in htdocs/manual/win_compiling.html

Bill

Re: Working on Windows today :-(

Posted by Bill Stoddard <st...@raleigh.ibm.com>.
Will do.
Here is how I build Apache on Windows..

Open src/Apache.dsw with dev studio. Export all the makefiles. The from the command line:

nmake -f makefile.win installd

This will install in the default installation directory, /apache

Bill