Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@supereva.it> on 2001/12/04 16:56:23 UTC

Notificable in Cocoon Exceptions

I would like to put Notifications in all Cocoon Exceptions and where IMHO is
needed, like in TraxTransformer.
Can I proceed? :-)
Oh my, I'm getting excited, it's Cocoon again! ;-)

Nicola Ken Barozzi These are the days of miracle and wonder...
                               ...so don't cry baby, don't cry
<xm...@nicolaken.com> Paul Simon

Re: Notificable in Cocoon Exceptions

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@supereva.it>.
> > I would like to put Notifications in all Cocoon Exceptions and where
IMHO is
> > needed, like in TraxTransformer.
> > Can I proceed? :-)
> > Oh my, I'm getting excited, it's Cocoon again! ;-)
> >
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi These are the days of miracle and wonder...
> >                                ...so don't cry baby, don't cry
> > <xm...@nicolaken.com> Paul Simon
> >

> Could you explain us what this will change from what we have today ? I
> have the impression I didn't catch all that you wanted to do with
> Notifications...

:-)

Yes I think I left my work on error handling dangling when I left the
list do do other things.
What I would like to do is finish the work, that is:
- do a brief discussion on the list on the completeness of Notificable;
- make the ErrorNotifier chech (like I have in my version of Cocoon...
damn, I really thought I sent it :-(  ) if Exception si instanceof
Notificable and notify the extra stuff like was intended originally,
- control that every exception in cocoon details as needed the error
conditions instead of just logging or remaining too generic.
- make a Transformer that can trigger an Action based od
tags (TBD, well'have to see).

Does this make more sense?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.