Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Manuel VACELET <ma...@st.com> on 2004/10/15 07:56:11 UTC

Merge, directory still here

Hi all,

I got a probleme with a marge today.
I made a merge that should delete some files and directories in my WC.
Files are deleted but directories mark as 'D' during merge are still
present.
ex:

$> svn merge
D         TP/www/mirrors/index.php
D         TP/www/mirrors
D  TP/www/mirrors

$> ls TP/www
mirrors

I miss somthing ?

# VACELET Manuel     manuel.vacelet-abecedaire(at)st(dot)com #
# Tel:  042 6089                          +33 (0)476 92 6089 #
# STMicroelectronics  - Central R&D DAIS - Flexware          #
# 850, rue Jean Monet - 38926 CROLLES CEDEX - FRANCE         #

Re: Merge, directory still here

Posted by Gregor Fabritius <gr...@gmx.de>.
Manuel VACELET wrote:

> I made a merge that should delete some files and directories in my WC.
> Files are deleted but directories mark as 'D' during merge are still
> present.

Did you make sure that there are no unversioned files left in the
directories? AFAIR svn takes care that unknown files aren't deleted.

hth, gbf

Re: Merge, directory still here

Posted by Manuel VACELET <ma...@st.com>.
Michael W Thelen wrote:
> When you "svn rm" a directory, it is scheduled to be deleted but remains
> in place until you issue "svn commit" (this makes the change revertable
> if you change your mind).  Once you commit, the directory should really
> go away.

Commit + update saves me
Thx a lot

Best regards
Manu

Posted by Michael W Thelen <th...@cs.utah.edu>.
Manuel VACELET wrote:
> I got a probleme with a marge today.
> I made a merge that should delete some files and directories in my WC.
> Files are deleted but directories mark as 'D' during merge are still
> present.
> ex:
>
> $> svn merge
> D         TP/www/mirrors/index.php
> D         TP/www/mirrors
> D  TP/www/mirrors
>
> $> ls TP/www
> mirrors
>
> I miss somthing ?

When you "svn rm" a directory, it is scheduled to be deleted but remains
in place until you issue "svn commit" (this makes the change revertable
if you change your mind).  Once you commit, the directory should really
go away.

--
Michael W Thelen
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with
potatoes.       -- Douglas Adams