Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com> on 2008/10/15 07:41:15 UTC

Do we have a JDK rev policy ?

Noticed that when trying to build under 1.4, I got the following compile
error:

     symbol  : method signum (long)
     location: class java.lang.Math

I think this method is from 1.5 onwards

Just wondering if we have a "JDK level" policy in terms of what Felix
and bundles should be buildable/runnable against.

I know 1.4 is quite old, but we still try and keep compatibility to it.
I think for the above case we'll be fine in fact, since it occurs in DM
- which we don't currently use. We're also debating mandating a later
JDK version for our App too - so again, it may not be an issue.

Just thought I'd query if we have an official policy on Felix.

-- R

Ascert - Taking systems to the Edge
robw@ascert.com
+44 (0)20 7488 3470
www.ascert.com

Re: Do we have a JDK rev policy ?

Posted by Rob Walker <ro...@ascert.com>.
Marcel

Thanks for the clarification and fix. That is an interesting observation
on 1.4 EOL and it's implication for support.

-- Rob

Re: Do we have a JDK rev policy ?

Posted by Marcel Offermans <ma...@luminis.nl>.