Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Gavin Beau Baumanis <ga...@palcare.com.au> on 2011/04/16 05:46:44 UTC

SVN Update throws error.

Hi Everyone,

I have built SVN from trunk.
using the 1.6.16 deps archove for apr/apr-util/sqlite etc.

I did;
sudo sh ./autogen.sh > ~/Desktop/autogen_output.txt
sudo ./configure > ~/Desktop/configure_output.txt
sudo make > ~/Desktop/make_output.txt
sudo make install > ~/Desktop/make_install_output.txt

(and have included the text files here;
as well as a copy/paste of any errors returned the console, a cursory glance at the txt files seems that the error messages did NOT get included.)

There were no errors that I could tell and the exit code was 0 at the completion of make install using;
echo $?

I then did svn upgrade path/to/WC

Which seemingly worked without error.

However if I attempt to do an svn update - I get the following;

Updating '/Users/gavin/SVN/trunk':
svn: E170000: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/subversion/trunk'

I am not sure if it is a compile issue or something else,
It's all greek to me,

so if anyone has any ideas I would be most grateful.

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by "Gavin \"Beau\" Baumanis" <ga...@palcare.com.au>.
Hi Daniel,

You are correct - in another post I made note of actually find that out - but thanks!

Using get-deps - the dependencies are certainly in their correct location, now!
And it is with THIS setup, I am having the issues around APR and the MAKE error.

I'll soldier on though...

And as you have pointed out - I will supply a patch for the AMC section of INSTALL - once I get it worked out!

Beau.

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 17:43 +1000, "Gavin Beau Baumanis" <ga...@palcare.com.au> wrote:
> It is amazing what you can find if you read the release notes....
> Who knew there was a get-deps.sh script?

Feel free to send a patch that enhances the documentation (eg, INSTALL) :-)

> However, make complains about a few things like;
> subversion/libsvn_subr/svn_string.c:778: warning: format ‘%lld’ expects
> type ‘long long int’, but argument 6 has type ‘apr_int64_t’

That's mac-specific.  Have a look on dev@ archives --- APR is getting
some typedef wrong.  (IIRC, macports' build have a patch that works
around that.)

> So I don't know if I need to include a switch specific for the mac - or
> of these sorts of errors can be safely ignored?
>
> and make finally ends up reporting;
> Undefined symbols:
>   "_apr_file_info_get$INODE64", referenced from:
>       _close_file in dump_editor.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make: *** [subversion/svnrdump/svnrdump] Error 1

Hmm.

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by "Gavin \"Beau\" Baumanis" <ga...@palcare.com.au>.
It is amazing what you can find if you read the release notes....
Who knew there was a get-deps.sh script?

And that would it get all that you need, and place them in the appropriate directories for you?
Cool - right? Right.

However, I still seem to have an issue - bummer.

I am betting it is because apache is already installed as part of the MAC OS  - but it is just a guess...

here is what I get from autogen;
buildcheck: checking installation...
buildcheck: autoconf version 2.61 (ok)
buildcheck: autoheader version 2.61 (ok)
buildcheck: local copy of find_apr.m4 does not match APR's copy.
            An updated copy of find_apr.m4 may need to be checked in.
buildcheck: local copy of PrintPath does not match APR's copy.
            An updated copy of PrintPath may need to be checked in.
buildcheck: local copy of find_apu.m4 does not match APRUTIL's copy.
            An updated copy of find_apu.m4 may need to be checked in.
Creating build-outputs.mk...
Creating svn_private_config.h.in...
Creating configure...

You can run ./configure now.

Running autogen.sh implies you are a maintainer.  You may prefer
to run configure in one of the following ways:

./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
./configure --disable-shared
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --disable-shared

Note:  If you wish to run a Subversion HTTP server, you will need
Apache 2.x.  See the INSTALL file for details.

if I choose to ignore the buildcheck warnings and run configure - that seems to work without error.

However, make complains about a few things like;
subversion/libsvn_subr/svn_string.c:778: warning: format �%lld� expects type �long long int�, but argument 6 has type �apr_int64_t�

So I don't know if I need to include a switch specific for the mac - or of these sorts of errors can be safely ignored?

and make finally ends up reporting;
Undefined symbols:
  "_apr_file_info_get$INODE64", referenced from:
      _close_file in dump_editor.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [subversion/svnrdump/svnrdump] Error 1

I have included the whole output of make - in case it is helpful....

As always thanks to everyone for your ongoing assistance.

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 03:58, Ryan Schmidt
<su...@ryandesign.com> wrote:

> On Apr 16, 2011, at 02:05, Gavin Beau Baumanis wrote:
>
>> Now I have an issue getting APR to compile for MAC
>
> You know, it is very easy to compile Subversion and all its dependencies on Mac OS X by using MacPorts: "sudo port install subversion" and you're done.
>
> http://www.macports.org/

Or if you're using Homebrew, brew install subversion

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by "Gavin \"Beau\" Baumanis" <ga...@palcare.com.au>.
Hi Konstantin,

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 08:49 +0400, "Konstantin Kolinko" <kn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/4/16 Gavin Beau <ga...@palcare.com.au>:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I have built SVN from trunk.
> > using the 1.6.16 deps archove for apr/apr-util/sqlite etc.
> >
> > I did;
> > sudo sh ./autogen.sh > ~/Desktop/autogen_output.txt
> > sudo ./configure > ~/Desktop/configure_output.txt
> > sudo make > ~/Desktop/make_output.txt
> > sudo make install > ~/Desktop/make_install_output.txt

Only 'make install' needs to be run as root.  The only reason it needs
root is to write to /usr/local; if your $prefix (as passed to configure)
is writeable by you, then even that step doesn't need root.

Re: SVN Update throws error.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.