Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Reynald Borer <re...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/11 08:57:50 UTC

Re: 1.2.19: AssertionError when running compactions on a CF with TTLed columns

Hi everyone,

I was finally able to sort out my problem in an "interesting" manner that I
think is worth sharing on the list!

What I did is the following: on each node, I stopped Cassandra, completely
dropped the data files of the column family, started Cassandra again and
issued a repair for this column family.

The process took time since the cluster is formed of 40 nodes, but once
done, the nodes didn't exhibit this assertion error anymore!

I believe this was triggered because of me tweaking the
"sstable_size_in_mb" parameter. Somehow I had data files with different
sizes and it confused Cassandra.

So, problem solved now :-)

Cheers,
Reynald