Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Han Nguyen <hn...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/08/25 21:12:06 UTC

Re: Inline patch available on Shindig trunk version

yes, that's the form.
pls add dev-remailer@shindig.apache.org for reviewer, I believe that will
cross post to dev list. Also update the JIRA to point to the codereview.
Thanks,
Han

From:   Kris Vishwanathan/Fairfax/IBM
To:     Han Nguyen/Charlotte/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:     Andy B Smith/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Jason Gary/New York/IBM@Lotus,
Konrad Lagarde/Southbury/IBM@IBMUS, Mark D Weitzel/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Date:   08/25/2010 12:55 PM
Subject:        Re: Inline patch available on Shindig trunk version

So is this the form I will be filling?

I am hoping data is the actual patch and for the base url I will be using
shindig trunk - real trunk. For reviewers I will add plinder and cc some
of our folks. Any other fields are relavent?

Thanks and regards

Kris Vishwanathan, PMP
IBM Certified IT Architect
The Open Group Master Certified IT Architect
IBM Software Group, WPLC
Ph: 919 543 1081 (T/L: 441-1081)
Ph; 877-316-0046 (T/L: 349-4847)
Cell: 919 830 2890

In a day, if you don't come across any problems - you can be sure that you
are traveling in a wrong path - Swamy Vivekananda

From:
Han Nguyen/Charlotte/IBM
To:
Kris Vishwanathan/Fairfax/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:
Mark D Weitzel/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Andy B Smith/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Jason
Gary/New York/IBM@Lotus, Konrad Lagarde/Southbury/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
08/25/2010 12:28 AM
Re: Inline patch available on Shindig trunk version

Kris,
We've been asked to post our patches to codereview and link the JIRA to
it. I would do it for you, but then the tool wouldn't let anyone else post
updates but the creator, so could you post it please?
reviewer: dev-remailer@shindig.apache.org. I usually add Paul Lindner just
in case.
Thanks,
Han

From:   Kris Vishwanathan/Fairfax/IBM
To:     Mark D Weitzel/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:     Andy B Smith/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Han Nguyen/Charlotte/IBM@IBMUS,
Jason Gary/New York/IBM@Lotus, Konrad Lagarde/Southbury/IBM@IBMUS
Date:   08/24/2010 06:00 PM

sounds good.

Thanks and regards

Kris Vishwanathan, PMP
IBM Certified IT Architect
The Open Group Master Certified IT Architect
IBM Software Group, WPLC
Ph: 919 543 1081 (T/L: 441-1081)
Ph; 877-316-0046 (T/L: 349-4847)
Cell: 919 830 2890

In a day, if you don't come across any problems - you can be sure that you
are traveling in a wrong path - Swamy Vivekananda

From:
Mark D Weitzel/Raleigh/IBM
To:
Kris Vishwanathan/Fairfax/IBM@IBMUS, Han Nguyen/Charlotte/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:
Andy B Smith/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Jason Gary/New York/IBM@Lotus, Konrad
Lagarde/Southbury/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
08/24/2010 05:47 PM
Re: Inline patch available on Shindig trunk version

Kris/Han,

Kris & I just exchanged sametimes. He's going to attach the patch and the
text to the jira: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1402
Included will be his comments below.

Han, would you please work with Paul to figure out the best way to get
this visible? Also see what kind of test cases etc... that he might want
as well.

Once we get that, we'll post to the shindi dev list and the opensocial
list to let folks know we've got code available.

Sound good to each of you??

-Mark W.

From:
Kris Vishwanathan/Fairfax/IBM
To:
Mark D Weitzel/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Jason Gary/New York/IBM@Lotus
Cc:
Han Nguyen/Charlotte/IBM@IBMUS, Andy B Smith/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS, Konrad
Lagarde/Southbury/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
08/24/2010 02:27 PM
Subject:
Inline patch available on Shindig trunk version

Hi Mark/Jason,

I have the Shindig inline patch available on the trunk version. With this
patch existing iframe functions should not have any impact. I am wondering
should we be adding this as an attachment to feature already created or
post it separately as a patch?

Here are some of the functions that are supported in the patch.

- Inline gadget functionality
- API support to render gadget inline
(shindig.gadget.createInlineGadget(..))
- Sample working Horoscope gadget with sample html to render
- SampleContainer changes to switch between iframe vs inline
- SocialHelloWorld and SocialActivitiesWorld working samples
- Dynamic height working sample
- Namespace specific to inline gadgets fix
- user preferences fix for inline gadget
- Couple of other fixes related to inline

There is more work to make sure all the APIs work for inline, so we will
have more updates

Here is how it works. Once you apply the patch, build a new WAR and test
with following URLs.

http://localhost:8080/container/sample1_inline.html
http://localhost:8080/samplecontainer/samplecontainer.html   (Try both
SocialHelloWorld and SocialActivitiesWorld, toggle the use inline check
box)

Here is the patch: [attachment "inline_20100824.patch" deleted by Mark D
Weitzel/Raleigh/IBM]

Let me know if any of you want to try the WAR file I built directly.

We need to get this patch out soon, if possible today. I see there are
active threads looking for inline capabilities.