Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Iran Marcius <ir...@isic.com.br> on 2002/12/20 15:05:45 UTC

Is there a problem with tomcat JNDI resources (I don't think so)

Hi fellows.

I think I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get a JNDI Datasource
configured in GlobalNamingResource section.

Here is my configuration:

<Resource name="jdbc/global" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
auth="Container" scope="Shareable"/>
<ResourceParams name="jdbc/global">
	<parameter>
		<name>factory</name>

	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>driverClassName</name>
		<value>org.postgresql.Driver</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>url</name>
		<value>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/global</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>validationQuery</name>
		<value>select 1</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>username</name>
		<value>global</value>
	</parameter>
	<parameter>
		<name>password</name>
		<value>password</value>
	</parameter>
</ResourceParams>

In my context I have the following:

<Context docBase="s:\webapptests" path="/tests" reloadable="true"
debug="4">
	<ResourceLink name="jdbc/global" global="jdbc/global"
type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
</Context>

But when I perform the lookup operations in my servlet, got the
following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Name java:comp is not bound in this