Posted to dev@joshua.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/01 17:06:06 UTC

Re: ping on RC4 vote

I really have no idea, I just executed the Maven commands as per wiki [1],
then I found out that in my /target directory I had all the expected
artifacts but no md5 / sha1 signatures for them, on the other hand it seems
they got generated at some point and existed in the staging repo on Nexus.
Having realized that I manually created the md5 counterparts for source
distribution packages and uploaded both artifacts and md5 signatures to
/dist.

I am not sure myself if this is a somewhat ok or expected behaviour (it's
one of my first times as a release manager).

I guess we could simply put the stuff from Nexus on /dist/dev instead, as
that will anyway be the one that goes in /dist/release once we release the
staging repo, WDYT?

Regards,
Tommaso

[1] :
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/JOSHUA/Joshua+Release+Management+Procedure#JoshuaReleaseManagementProcedure-Preparingareleasecandidate%28RC%29forcommunityVOTE%27ing

Il giorno ven 31 mar 2017 alle ore 21:24 Matt Post <po...@cs.jhu.edu> ha
scritto:

Yes, I've verified that those don't match, either.

I can't think of a reason that they *shouldn't* match. Tommaso, do you have
any idea why they're different? Are these two locations out of sync?