Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Francis Galiegue <fg...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/04 11:49:23 UTC

mod_jk : "connection aborted or network problems", but apache and tomcat are on the same machine??

Hello everyone,

Watching the mod_jk logs I saw this:

------
[Tue May 02 16:34:28 2006]  [jk_ajp_common.c (1146)]: ERROR sending
data to client. Connection aborted or network problems
[Tue May 02 16:34:28 2006]  [jk_ajp_common.c (1462)]: ERROR: Client
connection aborted or network problems
------

Apache (2.0.46 from RHEL3), mod_jk (1.2.6 from JPackage 1.6) and
Tomcat 5 (5.0.27 from JPackage 1.6) are on the same machine exacly.

Googling around showed plenty of questions regarding this, but no
valuable answer at all :(

Since there is a firewall which accepts packets inconditionally
through the loopback interface (iptables, and loopback bypasses
contrack FWIW), I can only surmise that the problem lies somewhere in
the Apache<->mod_jk<->Tomcat chain. Before flooding the list with
probably useless stuff, I'd like to know, first of all, whether this
list is appropriate for this problem? If so, what information would be
necessary to diagnose the problem? I thought about the mod_jk
parameters in Apache configuration and the worker.properties, but
maybe something else would help?

Thanks and have a nice day,
--
Francis Galiegue, fgaliegue@gmail.com, fg@one2team.com, fg6@wanadoo.fr
One2team - 12bis rue de la Pierre Levée, 75011 Paris - 0143381980

Re: mod_jk : "connection aborted or network problems", but apache and tomcat are on the same machine??

Posted by Francis Galiegue <fg...@gmail.com>.
Some more information... Maybe unrelated but I also get this message,
this time in the Apache error log:

mod_jk: Error flushing!

It seems completely unrelated with the mod_jk error messages however.
There's probably something rotten in my configuration but I don't see
what it could be...

Configuration wise, maybe there's a problem with this (in the main
httpd.conf file):

------
Timeout 300
KeepAlive Off
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
<IfModule prefork.c>
StartServers       8
MinSpareServers    5
MaxSpareServers   20
MaxClients       150
MaxRequestsPerChild  1000
</IfModule>
<IfModule worker.c>
StartServers         2
MaxClients         150
MinSpareThreads     25
MaxSpareThreads     75
ThreadsPerChild     25
MaxRequestsPerChild  0
</IfModule>
------

But I cannot tell, I'm no expert at all...

Please help :(