Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/15 16:44:20 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Life expectancy for the camel-1.x branch

Guillaume, you are obviously absolutely right. My bad.

Guillaume, you mention 1.6.x.  Do you mean that we should not release
1.6.2 until osgi is fixed or we should not end support for 1.6.x until
this is fixed?

Hadrian

Begin forwarded message:

Posted by Hadrian Zbarcea <hz...@gmail.com>.
It's useless to add fixes to a branch if we don't also release from
that branch eventually. Maintaining the 1.x branch takes some
commitment, time and energy. My question was about our commitment to
the community and what users could expect.  For instance we could
agree that it does not make sense to put and test more patches (and
hence to release) on 1.x after some date, or we could say that 1.x is
still used by a large percentage of users and want to add patches
there for an undetermined time.

Not deciding on it now is an option, but I brought it up because at
some point we'll have to address it, I think.

Thanks
Hadrian

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I'll work on backporting the OSGi fixes on the branch today and tomorrow.
This will allow me to test it in real as one of the goal is to be able
to deploy multiple versions of camel in the same OSGi container ...

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.