Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/22 17:14:11 UTC

camel-docker operation error

I am trying to get a Camel-Docker route working.  The beginning of my
simple route is (I have a valid IP Address listed in the route):

from("docker://info?host=IP_ADDRESS&port=2375").to("log:info");

And I get the following error:

*info is not a valid consumer operation*

Are there any other tutorials or documentation I can look at to figure out
why the "info" operation is not valid?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: camel-docker operation error

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
I'd love to help you.  Thanks !!

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 6:37 PM Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Claus.  I started digging through the Java source code.  It appears
> that only "stats" and "events" can be used by the Consumer, see
> DockerEndpoint.createConsumer(Processor).  That's not clear in the
> documentation.

Ah yeah, good point. We can improve this. If you want to contribute, then
you can send a PR where you update the javadoc setOperation method, where
you can
say that events and stats are only for the consumer, and all others for the
producer.

> On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 12:28 PM Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > When browsing the documentation on the website, then make sure to select
> > the Camel version you use, see bottom left corner.
> >
> > It may be that info is a new operation added in a newer version. If you
> > choose the correct Camel version in the docs, then it should list what
> > operations are valid.
> >
> > On Thu, Dec 22, 2022 at 6:14 PM Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am trying to get a Camel-Docker route working.  The beginning of my
> > > simple route is (I have a valid IP Address listed in the route):
> > >
> > > from("docker://info?host=IP_ADDRESS&port=2375").to("log:info");
> > >
> > > And I get the following error:
> > >
> > > *info is not a valid consumer operation*
> > >
> > > Are there any other tutorials or documentation I can look at to figure
> > out
> > > why the "info" operation is not valid?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Mark