Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> on 2012/01/05 02:07:32 UTC

Text on intro screen

Hi,

I'm finishing a couple of files here, from the source tree at:

/trunk/main/ooo_custom_images/dev_nologo/introbout/intro.png

/trunk/main/ooo_custom_images/dev/introbout/intro.png
Ok on this image - the text reads:
"Build contributed in collaboration with the community by Oracle
For Credits see, http://openoffice.org/website/welcome/credits.html"

Anyone have a suggestion for what the line should read now?
"Build contributed by the Apache OpenOffice (uncubating) project
For Credits see, http://openoffice.org/website/welcome/credits.html"

Better wording then that surely ;)

Ok - so after that I see a bunch of image files that will need update at

/trunk/main/instsetoo_native/*

Second question - anyone know of a list, already on line, of all the
image files what would need to be updated for this name change?
Otherwise (and) I'll start one as I go on the wiki.

Thanks, particularly with any suggestions on that text change above..

//drew

Re: Text on intro screen

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 14:14 +0100, Andre Fischer wrote:
> On 05.01.2012 04:27, drew wrote:
>  >...
> > You may be right - for the moment though I put up a prosed image with
> > some text, that actually I think reads fairly well.
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding
>
> Very nice, I like it.
>
> Do we need the "Incubating" string so prominently (I mean the blue
> italic version)?  I am not a native speaker and am not sure whether many
> people will understand its meaning in this context.  Looks a little like
> "Incubating" is the sub-title of the developer build.

Actually, I suppose not - I'll update to a changed image on the wiki.

//drew

Re: Text on intro screen

Posted by Andre Fischer <af...@a-w-f.de>.

Re: Text on intro screen

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi Drew;

--- Mer 4/1/12, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> ha scritto:

> Anyway - let me know if you still think drop the text
> completely after looking at this..thanks again,

Looked at it: it's nice! I think the text actually makes
sense for the developer's snapshot. Approved :).

Pedro.

Re: Text on intro screen

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 18:20 -0800, Pedro Giffuni wrote:
> Hi Drew;
>
> --- Mer 4/1/12, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> ha scritto:
> > Ok on this image - the text reads:
> > "Build contributed in collaboration with the community by
> > Oracle
> > For Credits see, http://openoffice.org/website/welcome/credits.html"
> >

> I don't think that text is very accurate, the build can
> be contributed by anyone. Perhaps we should just point to
> the website?

Howdy Pedro,

You may be right - for the moment though I put up a prosed image with
some text, that actually I think reads fairly well.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Branding

Note - I made some final adjustments to actual logo part of the image,
the sizing and placement of the gulls - subtle real changes to a pattern
that I can describe (and reproduce then) precisely...so now to ripple
that change to the actual logo file (assuming no one objects to the
change).

Re: Text on intro screen

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.
Hi Drew;

--- Mer 4/1/12, drew <dr...@baseanswers.com> ha scritto:
> Ok on this image - the text reads:
> "Build contributed in collaboration with the community by
> Oracle
> For Credits see, http://openoffice.org/website/welcome/credits.html"

I don't think that text is very accurate, the build can
be contributed by anyone. Perhaps we should just point to
the website?

Cheers,

Pedro.