Posted to user@commons.apache.org by D Sledge <da...@yahoo.com> on 2010/06/05 00:35:08 UTC

[cli] Option Syntax and Trailing Args

So I'm using CLI 1.2, and for the life of me, I can't get CLI to print out an option as

  -c CFGFILE,--config=CFGFILE

I've tried using OptionBuilder.withValueSeparator() and OptionBuilder.withValueSeparator( '=' ) and it's still being displayed as

  -c,--config <CFGFILE>

Also, when HelpFormatter prints out the usage, how do I get it to print out trailing arguments such as:

  cmd [-c CFGFILE] arg1[, arg2[, ...]]

Re: [cli] Option Syntax and Trailing Args

Posted by Emmanuel Bourg <eb...@apache.org>.
Le 05/06/2010 00:35, D Sledge a écrit :
> So I'm using CLI 1.2, and for the life of me, I can't get CLI to print out an option as
>
>    -c CFGFILE,--config=CFGFILE
>
> I've tried using OptionBuilder.withValueSeparator() and OptionBuilder.withValueSeparator( '=' ) and it's still being displayed as
>
>    -c,--config<CFGFILE>
>
> Also, when HelpFormatter prints out the usage, how do I get it to print out trailing arguments such as:
>
>    cmd [-c CFGFILE] arg1[, arg2[, ...]]

Hi "D",

Get a look at CLI-169, this issue is being discussed there.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLI-169

Emmanuel Bourg