Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Vikas Phonsa <VP...@suz.com> on 2004/07/01 20:30:01 UTC

no SOAPAction header!

Hi Everybody,

I have implemented a small test web service using Axis on Websphere 5.0 and
the client code I generated by wsdl2java is able to test is successfully.
But someone else is try to use this web service by import the wsdl into
their own utility to generate and test a client.

When they send a SOAP request message I get the exceptions on my end which
says "no SOAPAction header!" and same is being sent back to the client as a
response.

My understanding is that a SOAPAction header is required according to the
SOAP 1.1 specs for HTTP messages. It may not have any value but it is
required. Am I right ?

While we are trying to fix the client ? Is there any way (in Axis)we can get
away with not sending the SOAPAction header ?

Thanks
Vikas