Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Spectron Caribe, Inc." <sp...@caribe.net> on 2001/08/14 16:09:38 UTC

Rendering to a printer

Hello:

I have made a simple function to test fop:

void print(String file){
    try{
        Driver driver = new Driver();
        driver.setInputSource(new InputSource(file));
        driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);
        driver.run();
    }catch(Exception e){
        e.printStackTrace(System.out);
    }
}

It works but I would like to render to the printer (RENDER_PRINT), but I
haven't seen any samples for this anywhere. Could somebody show me how to do
this?

Faw

Re: Rendering to a printer

Posted by "Spectron Caribe, Inc." <sp...@caribe.net>.
Forget it, I wasn't looking hard enough. But I have another question.

If I understand correctly a block is a paragraph and I cant have different
styles in a paragraph. I cant have a paragraph in 'Helvetica plain' and have
a word in 'Helvetica bold size 20' like in HTML. If I'm wrong please correct
me and tel me how to do it.

Faw