Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/16 23:05:39 UTC

SOLR Junit test - How to resolve error - 'thread leaked from SUITE scope'?

I am using SOLR 4.3.0...I am currently getting the below error when running
test for custom SOLR components. The tests pass without any issues but I am
getting the below error after the tests are done.. Can someone let me how to
resolve this issue?

thread leaked from SUITE scope at com.solr.activemq.TestWriter:
    [junit]    1) Thread[id=19, name=ActiveMQ Scheduler, state=WAITING,
group=TGRP-TestWriter]
    [junit]         at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    [junit]         at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)
    [junit]         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:526)
    [junit]         at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
    [junit] com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.ThreadLeakError: 1 thread
leaked from SUITE scope at com.solr.activemq.TestWriter:
    [junit]    1) Thread[id=19, name=ActiveMQ Scheduler, state=WAITING,
group=TGRP-TestWriter]
    [junit]         at java.lang.Object.wait(Native Method)
    [junit]         at java.lang.Object.wait(Object.java:503)
    [junit]         at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:526)
    [junit]         at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505)
    [junit] 	at __randomizedtesting.SeedInfo.seed([64E0A7A0D98E09EE]:0)

Re: SOLR Junit test - How to resolve error - 'thread leaked from SUITE scope'?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 5/16/2013 3:05 PM, bbarani wrote:

> I am using SOLR 4.3.0...I am currently getting the below error when running
> test for custom SOLR components. The tests pass without any issues but I am
> getting the below error after the tests are done.. Can someone let me how to
> resolve this issue?
>
> thread leaked from SUITE scope at com.solr.activemq.TestWriter:
>      [junit]    1) Thread[id=19, name=ActiveMQ Scheduler, state=WAITING,
> group=TGRP-TestWriter]

It looks like your code incorporates ActiveMQ.  That software apparently
starts a scheduler thread, and you aren't shutting that down.  I'm
guessing that part of ActiveMQ initialization is creating some kind of
scheduler object, and that you will need to call a close() or shutdown()
method on that object as you wrap things up.

If that doesn't help, you'll need to consult support resources for ActiveMQ.

Thanks,
Shawn