Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Brendan Byrd <si...@resonatorsoft.com> on 1999/05/18 05:41:33 UTC

general/4435: suEXEC only works on CGIs/SSIs (not very useful for permission locking)

>Number:         4435
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       suEXEC only works on CGIs/SSIs (not very useful for permission locking)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'm not sure if this is a config problem or something you don't have (the docs seem to indict the latter), but I'd like for suEXEC to work for EVERY file, not just CGI/SSIs.  Since I'm dealing with multiple web accounts on a server, I'd like to lock down the /home/username directory to 700, so that only the user and the web server can access that directory.  Unforunately, the "chmod 700" setting locks off the web server in its current state.  I've seen done on other systems (any of OLM.net's boxes, for example), but I don't know if it's a patch or what.