Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org> on 2007/03/17 00:33:50 UTC

TestBackwardsCompatibility test relies on being in a certain directory

I'm building lucene in an continuous integration model using
CruiseControl. Every build fails due to TestBackwardsCompatibility
failing. This is because it expects to run in the root directory of a
lucene source tree, e.g. see line 96 in the test. The current directory
for CruiseControl is several levels higher than the lucene source tree
since that how it works.

Anyone else seeing this, any ideas for making the test more independent
of its environment?

Thanks,
Dan.

Re: TestBackwardsCompatibility test relies on being in a certain directory

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:
> I'm building lucene in an continuous integration model using
> CruiseControl. Every build fails due to TestBackwardsCompatibility
> failing. This is because it expects to run in the root directory of a
> lucene source tree, e.g. see line 96 in the test. The current directory
> for CruiseControl is several levels higher than the lucene source tree
> since that how it works.

Never mind, I found that CruiseControl can set the working directory of
where it executes build tasks, so no need for any change in lucene.

Dan.