Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Ohad Edelstein <oh...@mintigo.com> on 2016/11/30 09:58:25 UTC

moving from storm 0.9.3 to storm 1.0.1

We are in the process of upgrading our storm infra from 0.9.3 to 1.0.1
We are running python in the storm.
We moved for the upgrade from ubuntu14.04 to ubuntu16.04

What we are seeing are very disappointing results,
Out of the box, with about the same basic params set, we see slowness in the new version of about 2%.
Where we hopped to see an increase of some sort.
Any ideas with what we can tweak?
Thanks

Re: moving from storm 0.9.3 to storm 1.0.1

Posted by Ohad Edelstein <oh...@mintigo.com>.
Hi Xin,
Thanks for the response, It did almost no change, if you have any other ideas please let me know,
Maybe doing something to available memory? Number of thread? Workers?

Two other questions:

  1.  Is  topology.backpressure.enable relevant when storm.scheduler is set to default?
  2.  The documentation for resource aware scheduler says that to set it to be aware I need to set this line in the storm.yaml

storm.scheduler: "org.apache.storm.scheduler.resource.ResourceAwareScheduler"

I think it not relevant to the new storm.yaml
Where there are:
Key     Value
resource.aware.scheduler.eviction.strategy

"org.apache.storm.scheduler.resource.strategies.eviction.DefaultEvictionStrategy"

resource.aware.scheduler.priority.strategy

"org.apache.storm.scheduler.resource.strategies.priority.DefaultSchedulingPriorityStrategy"

topology.scheduler.strategy

"org.apache.storm.scheduler.resource.strategies.scheduling.DefaultResourceAwareStrategy"

Am I right?
Thanks!

From: Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>>
Date: Wednesday, 30 November 2016 at 12:26
To: "user@storm.apache.org<ma...@storm.apache.org>" <us...@storm.apache.org>>
Cc: "dev@storm.apache.org<ma...@storm.apache.org>" <de...@storm.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: moving from storm 0.9.3 to storm 1.0.1

Hi Ohad,

You can try setting topology.backpressure.enable:false

-Xin Wang (vesense)

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ohad,

Posted by Xin Wang <da...@gmail.com>.